Things to do in the summer- YR.
Don’t forget there’s still lots of lovely things to learn over the summer which can happen at home- you don’t have to be at school to learn!
- Use Bug Club and read the lovely e-books available to you and play the games too!
- Visit the library and find out if they are doing the book challenge this summer.
- Enjoy reading your books at home or have someone read them to you.
- How many bees, butterflies, spiders, ants etc can you count in your garden?
- Can you plant something new in your garden or water the plants?
- Go for a summer walk. How many ways do you know it’s summer? What wild flowers can you identify?
- Make a summer smoothie or ice lolly.
- Have a sandcastle building competition at the beach or in your sand pit!
- Can you press some flowers like we did in class?
- Measure your shadow and show someone how to do it at home.
- Stay safe in the sun- don’t forget your sun cream and hat!