On Thursday, we are playing host to a Year 5 and 6 Football Tournament at BPS. Several other local schools will be joining us and the event will be run by “Extra Time Coaching” who do a brilliant job of running our cluster school sports events.
As we are on home turf, we have entered three teams for the tournament and will regularly swap substitutes so that everyone gets a chance to play.
Children need to bring:
- PE Kit
- Football boots if they have them (if not then trainers will be ok)
- Shin pads if they have them (again, don’t worry if you haven’t got them)
- Any spare shin pads that you are happy to lend to other children
- Water bottle and a healthy snack
- A warm/waterproof coat to wear when they aren’t playing
Please do not worry if you don’t have shin pads as we have a few spare pairs in school (along with pairs lent by other children) and we will ensure that every child has a pair to play in.
Parents are more than welcome to come and support. Friends of School will be providing refreshments (for adults that have come to support, not the players) as well, so please bring a bit of spending money if you are going to come and watch!
If anyone has a gazebo that they are happy to lend us (and possibly assemble?!) so that we have a bit of shelter and a “home stand” then that would be fantastic. Please get in touch if you can help with this.